Tuesday 14 April 2020

Some Spies (and Other Guys)


It's continuing to be a productive time on the painting table. At last I've managed to get round to tackling some of the oversize pile of lead I have accrued over the years for 7TV2, and about time. What better place to start than with a selection of spy-fi miniatures.

Flamboyant Agents
Two flamboyant, 60's/70's-style agents with big hair, flares and bow ties, from Lucid Eye. The martini glass and the paisley shirt are far from perfect, but they'll do.

Pandora King and Hugo Solomon of Dept X
Pandora King (dressed as Emma Peel) and Hugo Solomon (channelling Jason King). Lovely figures as always from Crooked  Dice.

(New) Holmes and Watson
I'd forgotten I had these figures. I'm also pretty sure I didn't do Watson justice here and failed to paint his hair the right colour. Again, excellent figures, sadly no longer available, from Crooked Dice.

Gambit and Purdey from The New Avengers
My attempt at some conversion work - Gambit is a Hasslefree body with a Crooked Dice minion head - from which I hacked away the moustache. I fear I hacked a bit hard; for a time I thought he was going to look like a burns victim, but I think I just about got away with it.

Purdey is a Crooked Dice body with a Hasslefree head. Others have done this before, so how could I resist? Purdey never wore a catsuit like this in the series, but Emma Peel in teh Avengers did have something very similar (in addition to the blue cat suit Pandara is wearing above). So why not?

Men from the KGB
Four Copplestone KGB agents. Nice figures with lots of cartoony detail that stands out really well when painted.

Minions
These are four Crooked Dice female minions that for some reason I didn't paint when I did the others a few years ago. No idea why. They're painted to match their companions.

Various female agents
Charlie's Angels, perhaps? Figures from Crooked Dice except for the one on the far left from Lucid Eye. Very pleased with the way the skin tones came out on all of these. 

Nik-Nak, Blofeld and a dog
Finally, three more odd Crooked Dice figures. The trickiest thing about Nik Nak was drilling a hole in his foot to take a wire to attach the clear base. This is the second Blofeld model I own, and I think he looks better in the white suit here. I've no idea why the dog was in the same batch as these but there's always a place for a dog in a game of 7TV2.

Next on the painting table: police!

No comments:

Post a Comment