Monday 29 April 2019

Saga: Age of Magic - The Challenge (2)


2. Progress

A few days on and I have placed an order for all the extra figures that I want. Unfortunately some of them are currently out of stock, so for the time being I will need to concentrate on what I already have, along with the scratch building.

The Undead Legions

After playing a couple of games using proxy figures, trying out different lists, I'm not convinced the Behemoth is worth it and four Hearthguard seem a much better investment. The four units of warriors are a must and I love the mindless - though more than one unit of them would make moving them around really tricky and mean I was one Saga die short. I'm not sure the black knight is worth it, but will persist.

No significant progress on the figures.

The Great Kingdoms

No significant progress.

A rock attached to a base
The Horde

I found a rock and stuck it to a base with the aid of some DAS clay for the sacred ground piece. Well, it's a start!

A couple of mine shafts
Masters of the Underearth

More progress here. I started making the mine entrances, mainly out of balsa wood and coffee stirrers, built on cut MDF bases. The design is loosely based on photos of medieval mine shaft entrances, though my ones have manual winches rather than being operated by treadmill, for ease of scratch building. I think these are coming along nicely.

Metamorphosis of the sorcerer
The Lords of the Wild

I cut the bow and quiver from the lamia figure and drilled her hand to accept a piece of 1mm brass rod, which I fitted withe the (dragon-head) top cut from the wizard's staff of a different figure. Not finished yet but it's getting there. 

The primitive totem, in progress
I also started building the primitive totem, which I intend to look like an old tree with carved/painted snake design around it. I found a suitable piece of wood and made a snake to wrap around it out of florist's wire and milliput, and stuck it to a base. So far so good.

Emerging giant lizard - very much work in progress!
This list will also benefit from a list-specific titan model for when the ability Rise of the Spirits is used. With the concept of a giant lizard crawling its way out of the ground, I made a start on this using DAS clay. I'm not convinced if it will work out in the end but am giving it a try anyway. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment